Version 2.0 update
Updated 2 years 3 months ago
We glad to announce that Impreza 2.0 is already available! We made a huge work to improve the theme on all the ways and prepared it for further cool features and improvements as well. Please see all of the new features and changes:
All of these improvements required lots of changes in the theme files. That's why this particular update may be a bit harder than the previous ones. The good part: we made the update process as painless and convenient as possible. Please read and follow the further instructions:
Do the following steps AFTER update Impreza to version 2.0: #
- Check if your website works fine right after the update. If it has some major issues and it's the production environment website (so your actual customers already visit it), downgrade to Impreza 1.11.2, using the corresponding section below.
- If everything works fine, let's continue. Make the full site backup, if you didn't before the update. The following article may be usefull.
- Start the migration process via the big red message box, which is appeared in your WP admin dashboard. This process will change all shortcode parameteres and values to be compatible with the new options.
- If everything works fine, let's continue. Install and activate Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (screenshot), then go to Tools > Force Regenerate Thumbnails and click the button (screenshot). It will regenerate thumbnails of all uploaded images and delete the extra ones.
- Update Visual Composer to the latest version (screenshot).
- If you're using some cache plugins or CDN, then purge all the website cache.
- Check your website once again. Everything apart image sizes should be just fine. If it has some major issues and it's the production environment website, restore the backup and roll back to Impreza 1.11.2 using the corresponding section below.
When you complete the steps above - make sure that all of your site pages are displayed correctly and working as in the previous Impreza version. IF NOT please restore your site backup and downgrade Impreza to the previous version 1.11.2. That means you have some custom modifications, which are not compatible with the new version. In this case read the further instructions.
Downgrading to Impreza 1.11.2: #
- Download the full product archive from ThemeForest.
- It should contain the inner archive "Impreza 1.11.2". Install it instead of the current Impreza version.
If you have some custom modifications (using child theme or Quick CSS) do following: #
- Clone your live site using “duplicator” plugin to your local environment OR to a separate domain or subdomain (example: dev.your-site.com).
- Rename the old theme folder and install Impreza 2.0 as you do with any other new theme.
- Do all the 5 steps regarding update to version 2.0 which are described above.
- If you have some CSS modifications which were provided by our Support Team and are not working, please create a ticket with describing the issue. We will help with providing the correct CSS code.
- Anylize every separate modification in your child theme: which theme file overloaded by it and how, compare new and old versions of this file and try to fix it. In that case you can create a private ticket with the issue description, link to the website export and some admin username/password that you could create for us before the export. We'll review all the tickets, and help you with the description of further steps (as our developers better know all the theme changes), at the same time please note: we wont't fix the custom modifications manually.
- When you fix all of customiztions as they should work - just migrate your site to a main live version.
If you don’t want to spend your time on fixing customizations for Impreza 2.0 (or there are no features crucial for you) – you do not have to update. At the same time please note: we won't provide support to old Impreza versions (1.11.2 and previous) and the 1x versions won't be updated separately. So it's better to migrate, and we'll be glad to help with what we can for you to do it the easiest way!